Olive Garden Minestrone Soup Replica Recipe
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup minced white onion (about 1 small onion)
- ½ cup chopped zucchini
- ½ cup frozen cut Italian cut green beans
- ¼ cup minced celery (about ½ stalk)
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic (about 4 cloves)
- 4 cups vegetable broth (Swanson is good *note ( Do not use chicken broth!*)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans small white beans or 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup carrot (julienned or shredded)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups hot water
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- ½ cup small shell pasta
- Heat three tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot.
- Saute onion, celery, garlic, green beans, and zucchini in the oil for 5 minutes or until onions begin to turn translucent.
- Add vegetable broth to pot, plus drained tomatoes, beans, carrot, hot water, and spices.
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add spinach leaves and pasta and cook for an additional 20 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Makes about eight 1½ cup servings.
Recipe and photo source