Spread the love
- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- sea salt to taste
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3 dill pickles, chopped (optional)
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook for about 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain, and place in a serving bowl.
- Stir the onion, salt and pepper into the potatoes while they are still hot. This allows the potatoes to absorb the flavor. Allow to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard and horseradish to the salad, and mix well. Gently stir in the eggs and dill pickles. Finish off with a generous grinding of black pepper on top. Chill for about 30 minutes before serving.