Have you ever heard anyone complain about Costco’s pumpkin pie? It’s so good & often sells out – so we thought we would bring you a replica recipe for you to try out on your own!
1 Store Bought Pie Crust
- 1 large egg
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Prepare the Pie Crust
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F
- Roll the chilled pie dough out on a floured board then position the pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate. Fold the edges of the pie dough under and crimp or press down with a fork. Freeze for 15 minutes. (See note 1)
- Line the pie crust with parchment paper and fill it with pie weights. (See note 2.)
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes then remove the pie weights and bake for another 5 minutes. Remove the pie crust and set aside while you prepare the filling.
- **Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F
Prepare the Filling
- Whisk the egg and egg yolks in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk until well blended.
- Pour the filling into the pre-baked pie shell and bake for 45 to 50 minutes. The center may jiggle like jello when you shake the pie plate… that’s fine, it will firm up when it is cool. (See note 3)
- Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours then cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.