Spread the love
|Awesome Spanish Rice|
Recipe Type: Side
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 55 mins
Total time: 1 hour 15 mins
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained (optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained (optional)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine chicken broth and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil while cooking the following.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until evenly brown. Chop bacon, and set aside, reserving the bacon fat.
- Add onion to skillet, and saute until tender. Stir in rice, and cook until lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour in boiling chicken broth and tomato sauce.
- Add diced tomatoes, green peppers, and chopped bacon. Season with chili powder, salt, and pepper. Cover, and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes. Stir in black olives and corn.