Panda Express Beijing Beef Replica Recipe
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 lb flank steak, sliced into thin strips
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch, for dusting
- oil, for frying
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon crush chili pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- Cut beef into thin strips . In a bowl of sealable bag combine all marinade ingredients and mix well. Add beef slices and marinate for 15 minutes.
- While beef in marinating mix all of the sauce ingredients together in a bowl and refrigerate.
- When the beef is done marinating coat the beef slices with 6 tablespoons of cornstarch. Remove any access cornstarch and deep fry (either in a deep fryer or wok) beef slices in batches until floating or golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Add a couple tablespoons of oil to the wok and add minced garlic and stir fry for 10 seconds. Add red and green bell peppers and onions and stir fry for 2 minutes. Remove vegetables and set aside.
- Pour sauce into the wok and heat until boiling. In a serving dish add beef and vegetables and coat with the sauce.
Recipe and photo source