Ruth's Chris Steakhouse Potatoes Au Gratin Replica Recipe
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 3 to 4 medium russet potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1½ tablespoons flour
- 1 large clove garlic, pressed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1½ cups grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the potatoes into ¼-inch slices, then quarter each of those slices.
- Beat together the cream, milk, flour, garlic, salt and pepper by hand just until well combined.
- Coat the inside of a large baking dish with the softened butter.
- Arrange one-fourth of the potatoes on the bottom of the dish. Pour some of the cream mixture over the potatoes. Repeat this layering step three more times.
- Cover the potatoes and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake another 40 minutes or until the potatoes are starting to brown on top.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over the top of the potatoes and continue to bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and slightly browned and the potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle the parsley on top and serve.