Olive Garden Chicken and Gnocci Soup Replica Recipe
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 quart half and half
- ½ cup celery, finely diced
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 14 ounce cans of chicken broth if you enjoy thick soup, use one can
- 1 cup carrots, finely shredded
- 1 cup chicken breasts, cooked and diced (you can use a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 package gnocchi, cooked (you can find these in gourmet/pasta section of the grocery store - you may want to cut the gnocchi in half if it is large, or purchase the mini size if available)
- 1 cup of fresh spinach coarsely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon parsley
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- Saute the onion, celery, and garlic in the butter and olive oil over medium heat until the onion becomes translucent. Add the flour and make a roux. Let the butter and flour mixture cook for about a minute before adding 1 quart of half and half.
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions.
- Into the roux, add in the carrots and chicken. Once the mixture becomes thick, add the chicken broth. Once the mixture thickens again, add the cooked gnocchi, spinach, and seasoning; simmer until soup is heated through. Before serving season to taste by adding additional salt.